11 November 2009

Another first

Hooray! I have two orders.

The first was orchestrated by Majo, my fantastic friend who took the pictures. She showed the pictures to a coworker who loved the ornament cards and wanted a set of 10. It's all official and I'm working on them now. I'm a little behind because, duh-duh-dun, I ran out of cardstock! I've made so many cards recently, I need to restock. Again! Not a huge deal - I'm off to Paper Presentation and Print Icon tonight to get cardstock (cream, red, white), yellow paper, and look at pricing on metallic black papers. I'm about 3/4 done with the order, just need the red and cream to finish it. And I need to make a decision on envelope coloring, sand or grey.



The second order is 5 lemon themed flat cards (front only), and the reason why I need bright yellow paper. These will become recipe cards to go with a holiday gift of limoncello. Shelley called me after the show, said more nice things, and asked if I can make the recipe cards for her. I naturally demanded a bottle of her homemade limoncello in return.

We also talked about where to get bottles- I've gotten them at Pier 1, Christmas Tree Shops, and Broadway Panhandler in the past. The chat made me want to go back to my liqueur gift roots this year - a few years ago I made a cranberry liqueur, recipe courtesy of Cooking Light (Photography: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Lydia DeGaris-Pursell). I followed that up with a strawberry version- I reduced the amount of sugar significantly... maybe by half.



When I have the recipe cards made (and a new battery charger for my camera so I can take pictures again), I'll post some images. I think I have a design figured out, but sometimes there is discord between my head, my drawings, and the result.

I am also investigating paper pricing to contact someone from the craft fair about a large order for bridal shower thank you cards. She wants a specific black metallic paper instead of the silver pictured. This would be great, but I have a feeling I'm going to be charging more than she wants to spend.



I'm feeling good with two (one real sale and one barter) orders. I'm also getting a fair amount of traffic on my Etsy site. I even had a visitor from the UK! I totally love Google Analytics, though it's a slippery slope. I keep trying to find where people are coming from- I don't quite understand the referral site section. Like so much else this venture, a learning process.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin,

Wow I get another shout out! So honored. The detail on the ornament cards is amazing and so fantasticly geometric! I just love them! I am in such anticipation of what the lemon cards will look like! :-)

Luv,
Shelley

Kristin said...

As though I would leave out amazing crafty news.