29 November 2009

Handmade Christmas

The budget is tight this year. Even though we're normally not extravagant and actually pretty low budget, this year it's reigned in even more for me. So, I'm going to experiment in creation. I've been giving a lot of handmade gifts over the past year and think they've been working out. Picture frames, cards, and pictures. I'm testing new things, but can't post them or they might ruin the surprise!

I also got a new dress pattern, that I hope to finish before (and maybe wear on) Christmas.


I fell in love with the green, a vibrant emerald, on the pattern cover, and tried to find the same color and material. No luck- but I am pretty close. I have a few alterations in mind and I hope they work out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin,

That dress is stunning! Make sure to post pictures of your finished dressed. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Luv,
Shelley

Lizzie B. said...

I did this dress on my blog! It is a fun one, it turned out really cute. It was easier than I thought too. You should check it out!!

http://cottonandcurls.blogspot.com/2010/12/emilys-new-red-dress.html